Leaders in Transportation Management Technology
Pierbridge Inc. is a privately funded software development firm focused on addressing critical issues related to integrating supply chain processes. Established in 2001, Pierbridge has offices in Boston, Massachusetts (USA) and York (UK).
Pierbridge technology is an SOA-based platform built on Microsoft .NET designed to enable engineers to use Web Service integration and composite application development tools to solve common business problems. Installable on a single platform or across clustered servers behind a corporate firewall, Pierbridge software is scalable, resilient and secure.
Pierbridge features an SOA-based transportation management platform offering a suite of solutions that enable businesses to connect transportation services with internal enterprise systems and automate transportation-related processes from purchase to payment. View Products
Pierbridge develops and licenses its technology through value added resellers, integrators, software OEMs, and cloud-based solution providers to manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, 3PLs, and other businesses throughout North America and Europe.
By integrating disparate services and information flows into a single platform, Pierbridge is able to:
- Reduce Transportation Costs
- Automate carrier service selections: provide your organization with decision support to instantly select carrier services based on cost, delivery requirements, customer preferences, product type, and other business rules for every freight and parcel shipment.
- Eliminate wasteful “premium” services: do shipments have to arrive “overnight?” Or do they just have to arrive “on time.” Pierbridge enables you put business rules in place to reduce reliance on expensive overnight or other special delivery options.
- Eliminate unnecessary surcharges. Carriers levy a wide variety of charges for incorrect addresses and other mistakes which can exceed the original shipping cost. Pierbridge transportation management software eliminates extra charges by doing things right the first time.
- Monitor performance: one data base contains information on all inbound and outbound shipments. Use analytic tools and carrier report cards to look for savings opportunities.
- Streamline Logistics Processes
- Increase productivity by integrating logistics information into workflows. Disparate information silos and redundant data entry, cutting and pasting, all translate into increased labor costs. Pierbridge connects and adapts mail, parcel, freight and other transportation web services providers to enterprise processes, automating transportation and logistics processes across the organization and beyond. Route, rate, pack, ship, track, reconcile invoices, automate payment, and manage information from one unified platform.
- Simplify processes. Pierbridge reduces complexity by transportation and logistics processes into role-specific processes. Everyone in the workflow has access to the automation they need to do their job more efficiently.
- Improve supply chain collaboration. Pierbridge transportation management software can be accessed from any authorized user with a browser. Empower your suppliers and customers with the information they need to drive costs from the supply chain and do business with you more easily and efficiently.
- Reduce Regulatory Compliance Risks
- Export Compliance: In the post 9/11 world, failure to comply with international shipping regulations can mean seizures, fines, and even incarceration. Pierbridge software delivers the documentation, process, and chain of control needed to eliminate customs delays, costly returns, and penalties.
- Hazardous Materials: Pierbridge automates the controls you need to comply with Department of Transportation regulations related to proper labeling, packaging, and documentation of hazardous materials.
- Regulatory Compliance: Pierbridge provides auditable procedures that demonstrate the “evidence of control” required by auditors and government regulations.
- Financial Controls: Pierbridge provides a single picture of your transportation expenses and interfaces seamlessly with all major ERP and accounting systems, eliminating manual aggregation. Analyze your transportation spend at any time and make immediate adjustments to meet your financial goals.
- Reduce cost of ownership: Pierbridge composite application development technology and “drag and drop” tools allow integrators to connect with internal data sources and adapt user interfaces and workflows to role-specific processes. Installed and updated from the web, Pierbridge reduces the cost of ownership by providing administrators instant access to transportation service provider rates, invoices and tracking information.
Pierbridge helps any businesses with complex supply chains and annual transportation spend in excess of $50,000 via mail, parcel, LTL, and TL. There are thousands of Pierbridge transportation management users across all industries, including retail, manufacturing, distribution and financial services..
Pierbridge supports the entire transportation “Spend Management Loop”, which delivers continuous cost savings and improved execution quarter after quarter. Transportation Spend Management has four phases.
- Measure. We provide you with the tools you need to measure and analyze shipping patterns, carrier performance and transportation expenditures to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Plan. Turn insights into action. Our carrier routing, consolidation and optimization utilities enable you to configure business rules to ensure on-time, cost effective deliveries every time.
- Execute. Our solutions provide visibility and control over routing, rating, shipping, tracking, and delivery processes. You can be sure plans are executed flawlessly and consistently.
- Settle. Complete the loop by collecting and reconciling audited carrier invoices against expected shipping costs. You are now ready to Measure again and find new ways to continuously improve planning and execution.
Pierbridge is the only transportation management solution that manages all phases of the Transportation Spend Management Loop for mail, parcel, LTL and TL. This makes us unique in the industry—the only transportation management solution that successfully integrates all the information and control you need to reduce your transportation expense year after year.